At P3 Generator Services we are always searching for career-mined, quality individuals who are team contributors that share our enthusiasm for exceptional customer service. If that’s you, these shirts are yours to fill.
Do you have experience in any of the following fields?
- Generator Technician
- Diesel Engine Repair
- Steel Fabrication / Welding
- General Shop Assembly / Labor
These are just some of the roles that are available from time to time for our P3 Generator Services business as well as for the manufacturing production team of our parent company, Power Pool Plus.
Field Service Engine Mechanic
Our fast growing Service Company seeks a professional and experienced engine mechanic that has an interest in expanding their personal horizons while being an integral part of helping our team get to the next level. The right candidate for this role will possess qualities and attitudes necessary to further enhance their own skill sets with on-the-job training into the world of generator maintenance and repair.
Customer relationship is the mission which sets P3 Generator Services apart. Our team prides itself on providing quality support and attention to detail with every customer interaction. As a P3 Generator Services Field Service Engine Technician you will be on the front lines of this effort.
Location: Our service area includes all of New Jersey and parts of eastern, PA with technicians positioned throughout the region each working remotely via company provided service trucks. Preferred availability for this role is in the central New Jersey areas, but other regions of New Jersey will also be considered.
Who is the ideal candidate for this role?
We are searching for the person that possess the right background of experiences as a general automotive, heavy equipment, or road service mechanic. We recognize that many current engine mechanics, whether they are Diesel, Gasoline, Natural Gas, or Propane technicians, already possess the critical knowledge and abilities to be a service technician for generators. Such as;
- Shop mechanics looking to expand their horizons beyond the mundane and into the world of field work; seeing new locations and meet new people each and every day.
- Road service mechanics who enjoy the travel, but prefer a safer lifestyle away from our highways’ dangerous side shoulders.
Provided that the right candidate meets our minimum requirements list here, we will take the time to cross-train in the science of generator repair and service.
The primary function of the Field Service Engine Technician is to provide PM Service on engine driven generator sets, troubleshoot engine related faults, and repair as needed.
- Troubleshoot generator power system faults, utilizing test equipment when necessary.
- Provide outstanding service on functioning customer equipment by fulfilling the preventative maintenance schedule requirements.
- Communicate findings and suggested actions clearly and professionally to customers.
- Provide and utilize hand tools for repairs of diesel driven generator equipment.
- Drive and maintain safe operating performance of company owned vehicles.
- Maintain the operation and appearance of service vehicles.
- High School Diploma or GED certification.
- 2 years previous engine repair experience.
- Must be able to operate power and hand tools as well as test equipment.
- Valid driver’s license and a clean driving record.
- Knowledge of diesel engine functions and usage.
- Strong technical background in engine diagnostic and repair is required
- Excellent communication skills including English speaking and writing ability
- Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States
- Must be willing to take a drug test
- Be willing to submit to a background investigation, including for example, verification of your past employment, criminal history and education background
- Be willing to submit to required checks of your driving record and possess a valid driver’s license
Physical requirements of the Essential Functions of this Position:
- Stand and walk on concrete and asphalt surfaces for extended periods.
- Able to walk up long flights of stairs and ladders.
Strong traits and experiences:
- Adaptable / Flexible – being open to change (positive or negative) in response to new information, different or unexpected circumstances, and / or to work in ambiguous situations
- Strong interpersonal and customer facing communication qualities.
- Trade school or military diesel engine repair classroom and practical training a plus, but not required.
- On-The-Job training extensively available! At P3 Generator Services our goal is to find the right individual that has a background in combustion engine repair and provide in house training to help them expand their personal and professional knowledge base.
- Work Truck provided. A company owned and insured work truck will be provided for this position for the purpose of performing road service remotely.
- Health Insurance benefits provided – we offer access to a group health insurance package
- Tool and Clothing Allowance – having the right appearance, gear, and tools are important to our mutual success. P3 assists our team members in this effort.
- Break the Mundane! – This is an Outside-the-Shop position. As a Diesel Field Service Technician with P3 Generator Services each day is different and affords new challenges and opportunities to grow.
- Meet new and exciting people in varying industries and professions.
- Enjoy a Real Learning Experience! Did we say we offered OTJ? If not, here it is again.
- Engage with a quality team in an environment that is professional yet has a family feel. We like it that way and are looking for the right person to fit our community spirit for a long term career.
Our work environment is fast-paced, fun, and personable, yet each team member is focused and driven to providing exceptional customer support. Does this sound like the environment that you are looking for; one where your skills will be appreciated and will allow you to grow professionally?
If so, send us your resume or list of experiences and qualifications today!
P3 Generator Services began in 1990. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes medical insurance.
P3 is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment. P3 employs people without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or other any other characteristic protected by federal, state and local laws. Veterans of the United States Armed Forces encouraged to apply.
Use the form on this page to forward a copy of your qualifications and experiences.
We look forward to learning more about you.